This qualification is suitable for people pursuing an aeronautical or aviation profession who require formal training in drone operation. Remote pilot duties include applying technical and non-technical aviation skills and knowledge within RPAS operational environments. This qualification contributes to the requirements for certification by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
Our Certificate III can be delivered to the public, government, and private organisations (Fee for Service & Cert 3 Guarantee Funding Options are available) and in Queensland schools through a variety of modalities and is open to Year 10,11, and 12 students.
Units of Competency
The course is covers the following units of competency:
- AVIE0003: Operate aeronautical radio.
- AVIF0021: Manage human factors in remote pilot aircraft systems operations.
- AVIW0004: Perform operational inspections on remotely operated systems.
- AVIY0053: Manage remote pilot aircraft systems energy source requirements.
- AVIY0032: Apply RPAS payload and configuration management principles.
- AVIY0031: Apply the principles of air law to remote pilot aircraft systems operations.
- AVIY0052: Control remote pilot aircraft systems on the ground.
- AVIY0023: Launch, control, and recover a remotely piloted aircraft.
- AVIW0028: Operate and manage remote pilot aircraft systems.
- AVIH0006: Navigate remote pilot aircraft systems.
- AVIZ0005: Apply situational awareness in remote pilot aircraft systems operations.
- AVIY0027: Operate multi-rotor remote pilot aircraft systems.
- AVIY0026: Conduct aerial application operations using remote pilot-operated systems.
- AVIW0007: Perform aerial mapping and modelling using remote pilot aircraft systems.
This course is delivered as part of the Queensland Government’s VET in Schools Program (VETiS) and as such is delivered at no tuition cost to students. There is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) fee of $110 for issuance of the Remote Pilots Licence (RePL) and Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC). For students who do not qualify under the QLD Government’s VET in Schools Program or other programs, the course fee is $3,190 inclusive of CASA RePL and AROC fees.
- VETis – Queensland Government VET Program – Available to eligible students who have not studied a Certificate qualification in Secondary School.
- Fee For Service – For Students who have used or do not have access to funding.
- Cert III Guarantee – For Students who have government funding and are not in enrolled in a secondary school.